Tuesday 7 October 2008

Harry Hill Tv Burp

One of the best shows ever ( most probably)

Anyway... Anyone who doesn't follow it or has never seen it ... Shame on you

But heres a little clip for you, one of the more silly ones.



Well If you didn't know the new series is due in autumn... but hang on thats now!

So yup you have guessed right.... its "coming soon"

So ITV have done an interview with Harry.



Comedian and one-time doctor Harry Hill tells us more about TV Burp - and his favourite telly...

Do you just have to sit and watch television all day for TV Burp?


It’s not easy. My rule of thumb is that if I’m watching a well produced documentary, for example, there won’t be anything in it for TV Burp.

The best things for us are the soaps - for two reasons. The plots are pretty far-fetched and they’ve got such a fast turnaround that they can’t spend too much time polishing them, so they have to leave the mistakes in. And the reality programmes are always good.

Do you watch much reality TV?


No, but I’ve always watched Celebrity Big Brother, just because it’s only two or three weeks - you don’t have to invest three months. If you dip out of those things you kind of lose the plot.

Would you be tempted to do something like I’m a Celebrity?


I’m one of those people who doesn’t want to be seen walking around in my pants or pyjamas, and I think some things are sacred.

What’s the key to making TV Burp a funny programme?


It would be quite easy to repeat ourselves, but we try not to go for things we’ve done before.
I think also that because of the team we’ve got, we’re all quite hard on each other about making cheap gags and gags that everyone makes. So we’re quite rigorous from that point of view. All the time we’re trying to out-gag each other.

Why did you change your name from Matthew Hall to Harry Hill. Do you ever feel that you have two different personas?


Well, it’s more showbiz. Yeah. It’s quite handy to have two names and two outfits – it’s like putting on your uniform to go to work.

Do your friends call you Matthew or Harry?

It depends how I met them. If they knew me before then they call me Matthew. The ones who I met from work call me Harry – for instance Al Murray calls me Harry even though he knows it’s not my real name.

You used to be a doctor. How did you go from that to comedy?


It was a number of things, but broadly being a doctor wasn’t really me. I had that thing – you may not have had it – where you don’t really know what’s going on. You don’t really feel in control of what is happening. In most walks of life that doesn’t really matter. But if you’re a doctor it’s probably quite important.

When I quit it wasn’t as if I was quitting to be on TV. I was quitting it to basically start doing five minute unpaid slots in clubs that didn’t really want me to be there. It was a tough one.

If you could be in any television programme ever, what would it be and who would you play?

Quincy. I think it would combine my two strengths – having been a doctor and being a comedian



Find the interview and a promo of his new series at itv.com

Click Here for page

No comments: